Regional Livestock Exchange Draft Local Law now open for submissions.
The Swan Hill Regional Livestock Exchange provides a valuable facility for local producers, buyers and processors to sell and purchase cattle, sheep and goats.
The Local Law is designed to clarify the expectations from Council and any person or company trading through the yards and ensure compliance with legislative and accreditation requirements.
The Local Law comprises of several parts:
- Roles and responsibilities of SHRLE staff and Selling agents,
- Sale days and selling outside those agreed dates,
- Behaviours expected from anybody operating within the SHRLE,
- Legal obligations and safety,
- Incidents and reporting,
- Movement of stock within the yards,
- Penalties for breaches, and
- Template Selling Agent Agreement
We’d like to hear from you before the proposed Regional Livestock Exchange Local Law is considered for adoption by Council.
Consultation is open for 28 days from Tuesday 24 August to Tuesday 21 September 2021. All submissions will be considered before making further recommendations.
We encourage you to read the draft Local Law in the document library on this page. You can also view this in person at Swan Hill Rural City Council customer service counter at 45 Splatt St, Swan Hill, during business hours.
Have your say
Make a submission on the Regional Livestock Exchange Draft Local Law: